Node Knockout Winners
The Node Knockout Winners have been announced!
- Overall winner: Observer by Speedo
- Popularity: Driv.in by Go Horse Brazil
- Utility / Fun: Doodle or Die by opower
- Design: ACROnode.com by rochester-js
- Innovation: Blue GPU Lava by Minimason
- Completeness: Chess@home by Joshfire
The entries this year were extremely diverse and creative. It’s inspiring to see so many entries that are nothing to do with business software or social networks.
The easiest way to see how it works is by looking at this readabilitySAX jsFiddle example.
And the README includes some benchmark information:
Using a (jsdom cleaned) package of 620 pages from CleanEval, readabilitySAX processed all of them in 10874ms, that’s an average of 17.5387ms per page. The benchmark was done using
benchmark.jsand is probably far from perfect.
Browserling: 90 Open Source Node Modules
I enjoyed perusing this list of 90 Node modules written by Browserling that includes lots of cool stuff by Peteris Krumins and James Halliday. If writing Node modules is addictive, then James should definitely see someone! Or at least take a vacation somewhere sunny.